The 10 Worst U.S. Airports for Flight Delays
Published by FareCompare at November 23, 2021
Nothing puts a damper on a trip like a delayed flight. As they say, the best defense is a good offense, and you're in luck. Thanks to an extensive analysis of the Bureau of Transportation Statistics and its Airline On-Time Statistics & Delay Causes report, travelers can see how likely it is their flight out of any given airport in the U.S. will be delayed.
Not all airports are created equal: Depending on your point of departure, you might be setting yourself up for a big headache, complications, and an overall bad vibe. Having this information on hand ahead of time can help you make smart choices while planning trips, especially if you're flying in a group or as a family with small kids.
Read on for the list of the top 10 worst airlines for flight delays in the United States according to data accrued over the last two years.
The 10 Worst Airports for Flight Delays in the U.S.
- Newark Liberty International (EWR) — 24.29% chance of delay or cancellation
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA) — 22.52% chance of delay or cancellation
- Dallas/Fort Worth International (DFW) — 20.77% chance of delay or cancellation
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International (FLL) — 20.22% chance of delay or cancellation
- Palm Beach International (PBI) — 19.66% chance of delay or cancellation
- Tie: Boston Logan International & Louis Armstrong New Orleans International (BOS)(MSY) — 19.39% chance of delay or cancellation
- Orlando International (ORL) — 19.22% chance of delay or cancellation
- San Antonio International (SAT) — 19.03% chance of delay or cancellation
- Tie: John F. Kennedy International & San Francisco International (JFK & SFO) — 18.79% chance of delay or cancellation