Save Money on Bottled Water at the Airport
Don’t Pay for Bottled Water
This has happened to all of us: You get to the airport security checkpoint with your water bottle then watch sadly as the officer throws it away. You forgot about the TSA liquid rule which limits you to containers holding a mere 3.4 ounces.
Then you remember you’re on one of those discount carriers (hello, Frontier and Spirit) that charge for all soft drinks including water.
You know hydration is important when traveling but will you have to crack open your wallet for an overpriced bottle at an airport news stand or pay on the plane? No. Save money on bottled water by doing this.
How to Get Free Water
This is probably the easiest thing you’ll do all day.
- Bring empty bottle: Next time you go to the airport, bring an empty bottle (or a full one but drink it before you get in line for security). An insulated thermos-type container will work, too.
- Fill empty bottle: Once you’ve passed through security, find a water refill station and fill your bottle or container. And yes, you can bring a full bottle of water on a plane.
Where to Find Water Stations
Several airports offer water refill stations (sometimes called hydration or bottle stations) where you can fill empty bottles without spilling a drop. Here are just a few; check your airport’s website for more.
Click the airport name for station locations.
- Boston: Logan International
- Denver: Denver International
- Los Angeles: LAX
- Minneapolis: Minneapolis-St. Paul International
- Phoenix: Sky Harbor
- San Francisco: San Francisco International
- Seattle: Seattle-Tacoma International
Tip: If your airport has no refill stations, bring an empty bottle anyway and look for a drinking fountain. Filling it might be a little awkward but hey, free is free.
Cheapest Days to Fly and Best Time to Buy Airline Tickets
We all want the cheapest flights possible and that's what this guide is all about
The Cheapest Time of Year to Fly: The Dead Zones
Are you missing out on the cheapest time of year to fly? You could be if you don't know the dead...
U.S. Military – Discount Flights, Freebies and Travel Tips
START U.S. Military – Discount Flights, Freebies and Travel Tips If you serve (or served) in the U.S. Army,...
5 Things Pilots Say Passengers Should Never Do
I’ve talked with a lot of pilots over the years, both men and women who fly for major carriers like…
Best Tips to Find Cheap Flights to Europe
People love visiting Europe because of its romantic cities, ancient castles, Mediterranean beaches, wonderful food, friendly people and so much…
6 Strategies to Find Last-Minute Getaways
You planned to stay home this year then heard about all the amazing deals. Is it still possible to find last-minute getaways…