How to Use the FareCompare Getaway Map to Find Perfect & Cheap Destinations
Why the Getaway Map is so good
A great destination? A city or region you’ve dreamed of seeing, which becomes a perfect destination if you can find it for a very cheap price. That’s where FareCompare’s Getaway Map comes in; it helps you find prices you had no idea existed. And suddenly, that amazing trip is no longer just a fantasy.
The Getaway Map really works but here are three other reasons to try the simple-to-use tool:
- You don’t know where to go: Look at the map and instantly see airfare prices for local and global destinations. See what’s cheap from your town.
- You don’t know when to go: Choose a month or season you want to travel and look at the prices. Then do it again for different months and seasons. You’ll quickly see the best time to fly.
- You want to find best prices instantly: A great way to stay within your budget.
How to Use the FareCompare Getaway Map
Using the Getaway Map is as easy as filling-in-the-blanks. Example: If you live in New York City, enter it in the ‘fly from’ or departure city space, and then you may see something like this:
All you do now is fill in the rest of the blanks.
- Pick a city or region you want to visit, or click ‘anywhere’ – then hit ‘save’.
- Select an activity, or click ‘anything’ – then hit ‘save’ again.
- Choose a season or month for traveling – and, ‘save’.
- Select the price you want to pay, or ‘any price’ – then, ‘save’.
- Now you’re ready to click the phrase, ‘map it’.
Once the shopper in the example clicked ‘map it’, this popped up:
If you see a price you like, click it – and four itineraries will pop up. Click all the itineraries.
IMPORTANT: Airfares can and do change with no notice, and prices shown on itineraries have been known to go up (and down) as you click to find the specific flight. Be sure to click all four itineraries so you will be certain of getting the cheapest deal.
The Cheapest Time of Year to Fly: The Dead Zones
Are you missing out on the cheapest time of year to fly? You could be if you don't know the dead...
U.S. Military – Discount Flights, Freebies and Travel Tips
START U.S. Military – Discount Flights, Freebies and Travel Tips If you serve (or served) in the U.S. Army,...
5 Ways to Cut Travel Costs by $50 to $400 and More
Maybe you think there’s nothing you can do to save on the cost of travel. After all, airlines set the…
Understanding Airline Ticket Prices: Why a Seatmate's Airfare Costs More or Less than Yours
Anyone who has ever shopped for cheap airline tickets is acutely aware that when you buy airfare, you may pay…
Deal Zone: Cheap Fall Flights
Peak travel vs. off-peak Much of the world vacations in June, July or August but there are two big…
9 Easy Ways to Turn a Trip into a Total Disaster
Want to turn your next trip into a total disaster? No problem! We've got nine ways it can happen but don't…