Much of the world vacations in June, July or August but there are two big advantages to traveling in off-peak months like October, November, and December: Fewer crowds and very cheap flights. Finding cheap fall flights is easy if you know when to fly – and how to book. Let’s get to it!
These are cheap times of the year to fly throughout much of the world. Here’s a list of times to snag cheap fall flights for yourself.
- October: The entire month has cheap fall flights available.
- November: The entire month, except in the U.S. where only the first two weeks are cheap; blame it on Thanksgiving.
- December: First half only; prices typically rise in much of the world for holiday and New Year’s celebrations, starting around Dec. 15.
These are cheap days of the week to fly.
- Europe, Australia, and other countries: Weekdays are usually cheaper than weekend flights.
- United States: Tuesdays, Wednesday, and Saturdays are usually cheaper than other days.
- Tip: If you can only fly one cheap day, you will still save some money.
The following cheap fall flights were found Oct. 17; all prices are round-trip (in U.S. dollars) and good for travel in November.
- London – Venice, $61
- London – Los Angeles, $393
- Los Angeles – Paris, $420
- Melbourne – Beijing, $306
- New York – Amsterdam, $361
- New York – Bogota, $349
- Sydney – Rome, $763
- Sydney – Los Angeles, $667
Finding cheap fall flights for travel in October, November or December is really simple.
- Getaway Map: All the deals shown above were found using the Getaway Map which is especially useful for anyone with flexible travel dates. If the best deal is for an itinerary that is impossible for you, check another; when you click on a price you like on the Getaway Map, you always receive four different cheap itineraries.
- Compare fares: Do not assume your favorite airline has the best price because no airline always has the best price. Always compare, or you risk paying too much.
Gift idea: A trip in October, November or early December might be a wonderful early holiday gift – for someone special, or the entire family, or maybe even a gift – for you! Happy travels.