Best Time to Buy Airline Tickets to Las Vegas
Published by Rick Seaney at July 9, 2010
Now, let’s get there for less.
How to Find Cheap Airline Tickets to Las Vegas
Best time to buy airline tickets to Las Vegas? Here are our top tips.
- Always compare airfares: Las Vegas is a very competitive market with lots of service, but who has the cheapest deal? Answer: It could be any airline, at any time. So, you must compare airfare prices, then check out Southwest’s fares (it’s the only airline that doesn’t share pricing data).
- Best day to shop: Generally, the best time to shop for all domestic tickets is Tuesday afternoon. That’s because most airlines launch sales early that day and by afternoon the competition has matched the new, lower prices.
- Best days to fly: Cheapest days for most U.S. domestic flights including Las Vegas is usually Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday. If you’re on an international flight to Vegas, weekdays are usually cheaper than weekends.
- Use the Getaway Map: This fast, simple tool will show you exactly when to fly, finding the cheapest days by month or season. And the Getaway Map is perfect for finding deals year-round, across the globe.
- Set alerts: Sign-up for airfare alerts and let the airfare deals come directly to you in real-time. If you like what you see, act fast; you’re not the only one setting Vegas alerts.
- Don’t shop too late: If you wait too long to book Las Vegas tickets, you’ll pay the very high fares business travelers pay. In general, book at least a month in advance, though you can often wait until a week to ten days before departure for decent fares on ultra-discount carriers (Spirit, Frontier, etc.).
Dates to Avoid for Las Vegas
Las Vegas is a popular destination throughout the year, but there are certain peak periods that send prices skyrocketing (and this is often true for hotels and other services). Avoid these time periods, but if that’s when you want to go, be sure to compare fares on and around these festive times to get the best possible price.
- Super Bowl (early February)
- Valentine’s Day (Feb. 14)
- New Year’s (Dec. 31-Jan. 1)
Tip: Look for hotel deals and discounts popular tourist sites, and follow your favorite hotel/casino on social media.
Las Vegas – Deals for the Flexible
Shop ahead, fly the cheapest days, and always compare airfares. In other words, be as flexible as you can to fly when it’s cheapest and you’ll save on Vegas. What you do with that extra money, of course, is your own business.
Cheapest Days to Fly and Best Time to Buy Airline Tickets
We all want the cheapest flights possible and that's what this guide is all about
The Cheapest Time of Year to Fly: The Dead Zones
Are you missing out on the cheapest time of year to fly? You could be if you don't know the dead...
U.S. Military – Discount Flights, Freebies and Travel Tips
If you serve (or served) in the U.S. Army, Navy, Marine Corps, National Guard, Air Force or Coast Guard, we…
Get Paid to Move to Italy? You Bet!
This holiday season, what's at the top of your wish list? How about getting paid to move to Italy? Now,…
TSA's Thanksgiving Travel Tips
Thanksgiving is upon us, meaning millions of Americans will be traveling both near and far to spend the holiday with…
TSA Announces Drop in PreCheck Pricing
Lately it seems that the only thing we can count on is for prices to go up - and up,…