Planning a ski getaway? Track Airfare to Popular Ski Destinations
Whether you prefer traditional snow skiing vacations with two runners under your feet or you’re an adventurous snowboarder who’s never left a half-pipe un-Alley Ooped, FareCompare can help with getaway plans to great ski destinations.
Top 5 US Ski Destinations
1. Ski Colorado – So many mountains, so little time. Choose ski vacations in Aspen, Breckinridge, Vail, Durango, Telluride and so many more. Terrain for everyone from Olympians to the littlest beginner.
- Fly to Denver: This is your gateway airport for the cheapest flights, as it’s served by many domestic and even international airlines. Most are used to ferrying skiers loaded down with gear.
- Fly to Aspen: This small regional airport is generally pricier but more convenient to some resorts. Look for occasional specials on Frontier and other airlines.
2. Ski Michigan – A favorite of Midwesterners for a quick ski vacation getaways. Plenty of skiing in the southern part of the state, the mid-section, plus the Upper Peninsula.
- Fly to Chicago: Easily connect to Michigan ski resorts through Chicago via the world’s major airlines plus JetBlue, Southwest and more.
- Fly to Detroit: The Motor City is a favorite gateway for Michigan skiers and a hub for Delta and discount airline Spirit.
Also fly into smaller regional airports like Appleton, Green Bay, Wausau and more. Look for cheap flight specials from Southwest and Frontier.
3. Ski New Hampshire and Vermont – These two New England states have been perfecting the art of downhill skiing for more than 100 years and boast more than 30 resorts between them.
- Fly to Hartford: Located about 80 miles from Brattleboro, Vermont, this Connecticut airport is served by numerous carriers including JetBlue, Southwest and more.
- Fly to Boston: Just 30 miles from the New Hampshire state line, this largest airport in New England is served by most major airlines including discounters AirTran and JetBlue.
You can also fly into the airport in Burlington, Vermont but airfare there can be more expensive.
4. Ski New Mexico – Enjoy the splendors of magnificent scenery while savoring skiing at Angel Fire, or the Old West towns of Taos and Sante Fe.
- Fly to Albuquerque: Just 130 miles from Taos and 150 miles from Angel Fire – served by numerous airlines including Frontier and the commuter carrier New Mexico Airlines.
You may also choose to fly into the more convenient Santa Fe airport, served by American Eagle but you can generally expect to pay higher prices.
5. Ski Utah – Wild West meets state of the art ski resorts at Alta, Snowbird, Park City and more in the beautiful Wasatch range. Great for families, great for the black diamond crowd.
- Fly to Salt Lake City: A hub for Delta; also served by JetBlue, Frontier and Southwest.
Find More Cheap Flights for Ski Vacations
These simple tips will give you a head start on the best deals:
Track Airfare with FareCompare MyTrips: Sign up and track airfare to your favorite ski destinations and FareCompare will alert you the instant the price changes.
Learn more about FareCompare and the cheapest days to fly and best times to buy airline tickets for year-round savings.