- Right now, the cheapest prices from Chicago to the top 50 U.S. and Canadian cities cost on average $214 roundtrip – which is up $30 compared to prices in May of 2009
- The international picture is a bit grimmer: cheapest prices on flights from Chicago to Europe are now averaging around $917 roundtrip – up a steep $342 from May of last year
Average Cheapest Airfare from Chicago to top 50 US/CA Cities (including all taxes & fees)Now, the good news: There are things you can do to get the best airfare prices available. First of all, do not procrastinate: If you’re flying from Chicago to the U.S. or Canada, check out FareCompare’s Where-to-Go Flight Finder for deals throughout North America – or take a look at deals to cities throughout Europe. This is one cool tool – you can compare prices on different dates at a glance, and save. Other tips for Chicago fliers:
- Fly on the “cheapest days”: the best deals are most often available on flights departing Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday. The most expensive days to fly are usually Friday and Sunday.
- Look for connecting flights: sometimes, you’ll pay a premium for the convenience of nonstop flights – if you don’t mind a stop, you could see significant savings.
- Avoid surcharge fees and sale “blackout” dates: these more expensive times to fly usually cluster around holidays, so carefully compare prices around Memorial Day, the Fourth of July and Labor Day – and be flexible enough to change your itinerary if need be.
Previous Post Summer Vacation 2010: Outlook on Cheap Flights from Boston Next Post FareCompare Summer Travel Guide