You want to fly, and you want cheap plane tickets. You’ve come to the right place because at FareCompare, our motto is never pay a penny more than you have to.
The following information will help you find cheap flights every time you shop.
Two Most Important Airfare Shopping Tips
There are two easy ways to win the airfare game:
1.) The cheapest day to shop is Tuesday at 3 p.m. eastern time.
- An airline typically launches an airfare sale on a Monday night or early Tuesday
- Airlines with overlapping routes match the discounted prices to stay competitive
- The price matching process is generally completed by early Tuesday afternoon
- Newly discounted prices hit airline reservation system by Tuesday at 3 p.m. eastern
2.) Know the cheapest days to fly
- Domestic flights: Cheapest days to fly are Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday
- International flights: Cheapest days to fly are often Monday through Wednesday
- Friday and Sunday flights tend to be expensive in most countries
FareCompare Flexible Search Calendar
Calendar: When you search for cheap flights on FareCompare, you get a full calendar page telling you airfare prices by the day and the month, or even several months.
Flexibility: You can also click the box that says, “My dates are flexible” and we’ll show you the cheapest fares available during your preferred travel period.
Join the MyFareCompare Community
MyFareCompare helps you find cheap flights faster, thanks to two great tools that are simple but highly effective.
MyTrips: Allows you to manage all of your flight-planning preferences in one handy place; perfect for planning business, vacation or once-in-a-lifetime trips.
- Find great destinations: Not sure where to go? MyTrips has categories including beaches, casinos and family fun.
- Tag favorite trips: Create your own tags to roll-up all your favorite places while tracking airfare in one easy-to-use dashboard.
FareCompare Real-Time Airfare Alerts: Find out when prices change on trips you’re watching.
- Track airfare at a glance: Quick view of all airfares you’re tracking with a summary of price changes
- Get alerts your way: Receive real-time price information via email, Facebook or iPhone, plus you can add, delete or pause alerts whenever you like.
The FareCompare Difference
FareCompare has a huge database of historical and current airfare prices, providing you with information you need to know:
- Pricing information for more than 500 airlines world-wide
- Airfares on routes to more than a quarter of a million city-pairs
At FareCompare, we know you like to search multiple websites when shopping for airfare, so every time you search FareCompare, you can also search our partner sites at the same time, sites that include some of the biggest names in air travel. By searching FareCompare, you won’t miss a thing.
Remember, finding cheap flights starts right here: Farecompare. And Buy Confident.