Love makes the world go round – and in that spirit, why not take your love around the world?
These beautiful destinations from Miami to Marrakech are seemingly made for romance but you know what? They’re also great for families or friends or solo travelers.
- See some of these very special spots in the video below.
Our picks for romantic destinations are in no particular order. Click the name to find a cheap flight from your city. We also include links to useful tourism information.
Canada & the U.S.
- Denver: Grab your skis, see a ballet, dine on great steaks or eat vegetarian. This Colorado town has something for everyone including the wonderful 16th Street Mall, a mile-long, pedestrian-only shopping and dining attraction. Or just get out there and enjoy spectacular views of the Rockies. More on Colorado skiing and tourism from Snowpak plus Denver-specific info here.
- Santa Fe: This historic New Mexico town just an hour’s drive from Albuquerque is a beautiful blend of new and old. Visit Native American ruins filled with petroglyphs, browse a modern art gallery, enjoy a luxurious spa and the spicy cuisine. Or just relax amidst the vivid colors of the surrounding mountains. More on Santa Fe here.
- Florida: Take your pick – Orlando with all those great theme parks; Ft. Lauderdale, the beach goer’s delight; Miami with its sizzling nightlife; West Palm Beach‘s mix of luxury and fun. More on Florida here.
- Hawaii: Mountains, rain forests, even a volcano – and of course, all those romantic tropical beaches. Which island will you choose? More on Hawaii here.
- Vancouver: Perfect for skiing or any outdoor activity (don’t miss Stanley Park) but this beautiful Canadian city is also home to sophisticated restaurants and eclectic night spots. You won’t be bored! More on Vancouver here.
- Ilhabela, Brazil: Ilhabela is Portuguese for beautiful island, a perfect fit thanks to gorgeous beaches, 40+ waterfalls and lush landscapes. Sip a Caipirinha (the Brazilian mojito) then dine at one of the island’s upscale restaurants. A 2-and-a-half hour drive from Sao Paulo. More on Ilhabela here.
- Marrakech: Morocco’s 1,000 year old Red City was listed as TripAdvisor’s #1 destination for 2015. It’s another world; a more romantic one. More on Marrakech here.
- Paris: C’mon, this is PARIS – the most romantic city on earth – what more do you need to know? If there are any questions, here’s France’s tourism link.
- Venice: The gem of Italy. Piazza San Marco, gondolas on the Grand Canal, ancient stone walkways, the food, the wine but that’s barely scratching the surface. More on Venice here.
- Split: This unique city on Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast sprang up in-and-around the spectacular palace of Roman Emperor Diocletian; dine, sleep and play within its 1700 year old walls. More on Split here.
- Santorini: Also known as Thira, this stunning group of Greek islands seems to embody the very idea of romance though whether or not Aphrodite ever hung out here we cannot say. One guide book claims, “Exchanging kisses beneath Santorini’s famous sunset is the ultimate romantic experience.” Fly from Athens or take a 10 hour ferry ride. More on Santorini here.
- Phuket: This is home to what some say are Thailand’s loveliest beaches, but Phuket also boasts national parks, breathtaking waterfalls, a mangrove forest and we’re told the nightlife is superb. More about Phuket here.
- Bali: Indonesia’s Bali is one of those bucket list destinations; snorkel or swim by pristine beaches, admire the elegant temples, explore the 11th century Elephant cave and don’t miss the seafood. More about Bali here.
OK, readers – tell us what we missed. There must be one or two. Or two thousand.
VIDEO: Some of the most romantic destinations in the world.