You probably heard that the last holdout – Continental – will no longer serve free meals in coach beginning this fall.
So how to eat well, and avoid paying relatively high airline food prices? Pack your own.
- Cold sandwiches – but avoid sloppy condiments
- Salads (grab a plastic fork at food court after security)
- Fruit – avoid messes with sliced apples, raisins, orange segments
- Crackers and cheddar, bags of nuts
- Onions and garlic
- Aromatic cheeses (Brie, Camembert)
- Tuna fish or egg salad
- Hard-boiled eggs (some swear by them, but seatmates won’t)
Be Smart: You already save on airfare with FareCompare – don’t bust the budget over food.