Attention U.S. travelers who expect to fly around Thanksgiving (Nov. 26):
If you want to pay $100 less on holiday airfare than a lot of people, act fast. Yes, that’s my tip: Buy your ticket today.
Thanksgiving Flights: Save $100
Here’s why shopping today is so important:
- Average airfare prices for the Thanksgiving holiday travel period rise about $5 a day – each day – through the end of October.
Buying your ticket today (Oct. 6) will save roughly $130 compared to the last-minute, early November shoppers. Remember, at Thanksgiving, procrastination does not pay. A quick example for round-trip Thanksgiving airfares for Los Angeles-New York shows what a difference a day makes.
- Purchase price on Oct. 4: $737
- Purchase price on Oct. 5: $746
By the way, the above prices are extra-high due to the dates, with departures on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and returns on the Sunday after. Wednesday/Sunday is almost always the most expensive Thanksgiving itinerary you can buy.
How to Save Even More
Save more by flying cheaper days: Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 26); the Monday and Tuesday before the holiday, and the Monday and Tuesday after.
More examples found Oct. 5 for Los Angeles-New York flights.
- Wednesday to Sunday flights: $746
- Tuesday to Monday flights: $$643
- Thursday to Sunday flights: $637
- Thursday to Monday flights: $510
Now start shopping, but whenever you fly, we hope you have a safe and happy flight.
LISTEN: “You can still save money on Thanksgiving Flights”