Attention New Yorkers! Or anyone who’d like to visit the Big Apple. We’ve found first class deals that compare favorably with the usual stratospheric prices. They also compare very favorably with premium economy.
Podcast: Want a little luxury in your life? Listen to Rick.
Cheap First Class Flights
These deals for fall travel were found on Delta Air Lines, to/from New York and the following cities:
- Atlanta, $470
- Charlotte, from $370
- Chicago, $508
- Dallas, $418
- Denver, $554
- Detroit, $450
- Miami, $496
- Raleigh/Durham, $342
- Washington, D.C., $326
What’s the Catch?
There are some catches – but there’s always something, right? Take a look and see if these are big barriers or minor annoyances:
- Many of these ticket prices are good for flights only good on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. Other days may cost as much as 30% more.
- The aircraft used for these flights are typically older, narrow-body and regional planes that seat 70 or more. Forget shiny, new planes.
- There are only a limited number of destination and departure cities – mostly legacy airline hubs and larger cities. Los Angeles and San Francisco are not included.
- Usually a 7-day advance purchase is required, and often a Saturday night stay.
- There is little price-matching by competing airlines, so unless you’re a Delta miles member, these fares won’t help you pile up the miles.
Why Try These Flights?
That’s easy. Comfort and very good pricing.
Note: Most of these first class fares are blacked out during the holidays, but then, so are most of the cheaper fares in every cabin – and on every airline.