We’ve been seeing a whole lot of very good trans-Atlantic flight deals in the past week, both from the U.S. and Europe. You, too, can find them if you know where to look and your timing is right.
Amazing events in Europe and the U.S. – Eventurist
Flight Deals to Europe and U.S.
Some of the deals we’ve seen recently are good for travel during peak summer season, including these round-trip fares found this week on FareCompare:
- Chicago to Dublin – $747
- Los Angeles to Paris – $948
- London to New York – £440
- Paris to Boston – €835
As always, prices can and change without warning but we’ve also seen excellent deals starting in late August. Finding them – in summer and fall – is simple if you know where to look.
How to Find Flight Deals to Europe, U.S.
Try one of these strategies or try them all.
1. Use a fare comparison search site
Sounds pretty basic, right? But some travelers only go to a single airline’s website to find tickets. The problem: No airline always has the best prices. If you want to be sure of getting the best deals, you must compare fares.
2. Know the seasons of Europe and save
As noted, we have seen some good deals this summer, but you can often find better deals if you wait a bit. Prices typically drop in late August on both sides of the Atlantic as demand drops. An example found this week on round-trip fares from Boston to Dublin:
- Good: July, $820
- Better: August, $690
This may not be true for every route so compare possible itineraries and try to be as flexible as possible.
3. Fly to cheaper destinations
What’s cheap this year?
- Europe: Ireland (especially Dublin), the Scandinavian countries, and to a lesser extent, Paris.
- United States: Flying from Europe to big cities like New York and Boston usually yield good prices; for domestic flights within the U.S., good deals can be found for Dallas, Denver, Seattle, and often to southern Florida and southern California.
4. Set airfare alerts
Ideal for any traveler who have the luxury of flexibility.
- Simply sign up to set airfare alerts and let the deals come to you.
Important note: If you’ve been alerted to a deal you like, act fast; the cheapest seats are always limited and prices can and do change quickly.
5. Check the Deals Blog