Spring Break 2011 is Almost Here
Spring Break used to be for college kids only; nowadays, families, seniors, and anyone who needs a getaway is on the move in March.
Spring Break 2011 Destinations: Top 5
Some places are perennial favorites – click on the cities to find the cheapest available airfare:
- Denver – for skiers and snowboarders
- Las Vegas – plenty of hotel deals
- Miami - great beaches, great club scene
- Panama City Beach – welcoming tourists back after the oil spill
- South Padre Island – water sports, fun events
Meanwhile, here are my five tips for finding Spring Break flight deals and the lowest airfares:
1. Shop Now for Best Spring Break Deals
Don’t procrastinate; more and more people love to travel at this time of year, and the best Spring Break deals go fast.
- Shop now: Don’t delay checking out prices to your potential destinations; then make your ticket purchase within the next three weeks
2. Be Flexible on Travel Dates
The more leeway you have in your travel plans, the better flight deal you can get.
- Avoid weekend flights: Leaving on a Tues. or Wed. can save hundred of dollars
- Fly at unpopular times: Flights at dawn or overnight flights are usually cheapest
3. Disney Vacation Options for Spring Break
Choose the right resort for you and your family and friends.
- Disney’s Los Angeles area parks: Depending on your departure city, fares to LA may be much cheaper than Orlando
- Disney’s Orlando parks: Check the airfares and check with the Orlando Tourism website for special hotel/restaurant deals
4. Compare Beach Airfares for Spring Break
Use the FareCompare Getaway Map for the best beaches with the cheapest flights from your airport.
- Example: DFW travelers can find good fares to Brownsville (South Padre Island)
5. Shop Tuesdays at 3pm Eastern
My all time favorite travel tip.
- Shop Tuesday afternoons: That’s when the most airlines have the best fares
Learn more about FareCompare and the cheapest days to fly and best times to buy airline tickets for year-round savings.