Skiing in Vermont
There’s a lot of snow in the Green Mountains of Vermont and they know how to use it; the state has been a skier’s paradise for more than one hundred years, offering more than 20 ski and snowboard areas for winter sports lovers of all abilities.
If you’re looking for a ski vacation in pristine mountains surrounded by charming New England Villages, Vermont is the place for you.
Here is just a sampling of Vermont’s favorite ski resorts:
- Mount Snow – This popular winter sports resort boasts excellent skiing at all levels with an emphasis on intermediates run; also home to an eclectic mix of fun events and plenty of live music.
- Stowe – They’ve been skiing at this popular resort on Vermont’s highest peak since 1934; its beloved by intermediates and black diamond skiers alike and features exceptionally long trails.
- Stratton – Located on the highest mountain in southern Vermont, the resort is superb for skiers, boarders, and cross-country adventurers; its famed ski school teaches winter sports from ages 4 and up.
Finding ski deals and cheap ski vacations in Vermont is a breeze. Let us show you how.
Cheap Flights for Vermont Ski Vacations
For the cheapest ski deals, consider flying into Hartford or Boston; it will require some driving, but may be worth it due to the difference in airfare to smaller cities:
Hartford Bradley International (BDL): Located about 80 miles from Brattleboro, Vermont, this Connecticut airport is served by numerous carriers including JetBlue, Southwest and more.
Boston Logan International (BOS): Located about 125 miles from Brattleboro, Vermont, this largest airport in New England serves as a focus city for numerous airlines including AirTran, JetBlue, and more as well as several international airlines.
Vermont is also served by several regional airports, including:
Burlington International Airport (BVT): Served by several domestic airlines including Continental, Delta, JetBlue, United and US Airways.
Rutland-Southern Vermont Regional Airport (RUT): Air service provided by Cape Air
Tips for Cheap Flights to Vermont Skiing:
Here’s how to find good deals for Vermont ski vacations:
- When to Buy: Shop for airline tickets on Tuesdays to find the cheapest airfare
- When to Fly: Travel on Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday
- How to Shop: Check out the FareCompare Deals Blog for ski vacation specials
Follow FareCompare on Twitter, and follow deals from your home airport. You can also follow tweets from your favorite airlines, tourism sites, ski resorts and Vermont hotels.
Sign-up for Airfare Alerts to Hartford, Boston
Let technology do the work for you: sign up for FareCompare Airfare Alerts and get good deals on ski vacations in Vermont in real time. There’s no need to sit by the computer; FareCompare will alert you to the best available prices.
Find Airline Ski Vacation Packages and Deals
Sometimes, airlines will advertise ski vacation specials; also, check with the FareCompare Deals blog for the latest on winter package deals.
Learn more about FareCompare and the cheapest days to fly and best times to buy airline tickets for year-round savings.