Hit the Slopes in New Hampshire
Skiing is the official sport of the Granite State, and no wonder: they’ve been skiing in New Hampshire for more than 100 years. It was the first place in the country to open a ski school and it’s home to the New England Ski Museum (in Franconia). The state boasts 19 alpine ski areas, which include plenty of room for snow boarders.
These are just a few of New Hampshire’s favorite ski resorts:
- Bretton Woods – This Mt. Washington ski resort is the largest in New Hampshire and especially popular with families because of all the beginner and intermediate trails, but don’t worry, experts – nearly 30% of the trails have been set aside just for you.
- Loon Mountain – Skiing – and snow tubing! Plus lots of lodging, restaurants and live entertainment. Great skiing too; their slogan is “Superior Snow. Guaranteed.”
- Waterville Valley – Superb for experts – it’s hosted numerous World Cup events – but it shines for intermediates. Condos, hotels and cafes abound in its small mountain village
Finding ski deals and cheap ski vacations in New Hampshire is a snap. Let us show you how.
Cheap Flights for New Hampshire Ski Vacations
For the cheapest ski deals, consider flying into Boston – New Hampshire’s state line is only about 30 miles away:
- Boston Logan International (BOS): This largest airport in New England serves as a focus city for airlines including low cost airlines AirTran and JetBlue, as well as American, Delta and US Airways. Several international airlines fly to Logan as well.
New Hampshire is also served by a couple of regional airports as well:
- Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (MHT): Served by several domestic airlines including discount carrier Southwest.
- Lebanon Municipal Airport (LEB): Air service here is provided by Cape Air
Tips for Cheap Flights to Boston and New Hampshire
Here’s how to find good deals for New Hampshire ski vacations:
- When to Buy: Shop for airline tickets on Tuesdays to find the cheapest airfare
- When to Fly: Travel on Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday
- How to Shop: Check out the FareCompare Deals Blog for ski vacation specials
And don’t forget to follow FareCompare on Twitter, and follow deals from your home airport. You can also follow tweets from your favorite airlines such as JetBlueCheeps, plus ski resorts and even New Hampshire hotels.
Sign-up for Airfare Alerts to Boston, New Hampshire Airports
Let technology do the work for you: sign up for FareCompare Airfare Alerts to get good deals in real time to the closest airports to New Hampshire. There’s no need to sit by the computer; let FareCompare find the best prices for you.
Look for Airline Ski Vacation Packages
Airlines often run ski vacation specials throughout the winter ski season; also, check with the FareCompare Deals Blog for the latest on New Hampshire package deals.
Learn more about FareCompare and the cheapest days to fly and best times to buy airline tickets for year-round savings.
Photo from SkiNH.com