Earlier this year, I revealed 2015’s post-summer magic date to fly – Aug. 25 – which marks the start of the August Deal Zone. The good news is, airline sales covering this cheaper time to fly are available now.
LISTEN: Travel expert Rick Seaney has more details.
Crazy Dollar Days: The Deals
Some of the deals we’re seeing are reminiscent of those zany ads of yesteryear proclaiming “crazy dollar days”. Check out some of these fall sale prices found in our Deals Blog during the week of Aug. 16.
- Cincinnati – Orlando, from $25 one-way
- Washington, D.C. – Las Vegas, from $49 one-way
- Long Beach, CA – Las Vegas, from $49 one-way
But the truly amazing fares were on flights to Europe.
- New York – Stockholm, from $179 one-way
- Washington, D.C. – Reykjavik, Iceland, from $186 one-way
- Boston – Paris, from $206 one-way
The Stockholm flight is courtesy Norwegian Air while the other two are from the well-named Wow Air. Both are aggressive discount carriers that are making bold moves on U.S. passenger traffic.
How to Find Crazy Dollar Deals
Find all these prices on FareCompare but make it really easy and set airfare alerts so the deals come to you. Tip: When you receive an alert, act fast; others may receive the same alerts and the supply of the best deals is limited.