A Brief History of JetBlue
Learn more on JetBlue’s website.
- Origin: JetBlue was founded in 1998 as a low cost carrier with a strong sense of customer service that seemed to make it an immediate hit with the flying public.
- Cities: The JFK-based airline now flies to more than 100 cities in the U.S., Caribbean and Latin America. Focus cities include Boston, Ft. Lauderdale, Long Beach/Los Angeles, New York, Orlando and San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Sales: JetBlue has advertised sales on a fairly regular basis (including flight+hotel deals) but more often relies on matching or beating competitor prices on fare comparison sites so find JetBlue prices on FareCompare.
Cheapest Days to Fly JetBlue
This is true for most U.S. airlines including JetBlue:
- Cheapest days to fly: Usually Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. JetBlue fare sales often restrict travel to those days.
Tip: If you can only fly one of the cheapest days, you usually still reap some savings.
Best Time to Buy JetBlue Airline Tickets
Again, this is usually the case for all U.S. carriers including JetBlue:
- Best day to shop: Tuesday afternoon. Most airlines launch sales early Tuesday and by the afternoon, the competition has caught up and matched prices on overlapping routes.
- How to shop: Always compare airfare prices. Sometimes JetBlue will have the best deal, sometimes another carrier. No airline always has the best deal; if you don’t compare, you may miss some deals.
More Ways to Save on JetBlue Fares
More tips to keep more money in your wallet.
- Follow social media: JetBlue sales are often announced on its Facebook and Twitter, and in general Twitter is an excellent way to contact airlines to solve problems.
- Set airfare alerts: If you know where you want to go, set an alert; deals arrive in real-time.
- Getaway Map: Using the Getaway Map allows you to instantly see which city, country or island has the best deal during any given month or season.
Finally, use a carry-on; it’s free on JetBlue and unlike checked-bags, carry-ons don’t get lost. Enjoy your trip!