If you’re a Star Wars fan in the U.S., Air France has one of the greatest, coolest promotions ever: See Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens a full two days before it opens in the USA.
The airline’s Flight & Cinema offer includes plane ticket to Paris plus a ticket for the Dec. 16 movie premiere (and transfer to the theater). Details from the Air France website:
“After flying with Air France to Paris-Charles de Gaulle, you will experience the highest level of technology a theater can provide, thanks to EuropaCorp CINEMAS. With a 60 foot wide screen, 4K Dual Projector, HD 3D Dolby technology, and an immersive Dolby ATMOS sound system, which includes more than 40 surround sound speakers, you’ll remember this experience for a lifetime!”
How to get the deal: Book from selected flights, fill out an online form, then await confirmation within 72 hours. Note: Both movie and plane tickets subject to availability. The following Air France airfares included in the promotion were found Nov. 4 for departures on Dec. 15, returning Dec. 17:
How to find cheaper flights: Always compare fares. No single airline always has the best prices. Check out these deals found Nov. 4 on FareCompare. Note: Prices can change at any time.
- New York (JFK) to Paris Orly (ORY): $828 (depart Dec. 15, return Dec. 17)$1,498
- San Francisco (SFO) to Paris (CDG): (depart Dec. 15, return Dec. 17)
- Boston (BOS) to Paris (CDG): $568 (Depart Dec. 13, return Dec. 18)
Other ways to save:
- Look for alternative, cheaper airports to and from your destination. The movie is playing all over France, so Paris is not your only option.
- Non-stop flights are often more expensive than connecting flights so compare non-stops with routes that include a stop or layover.
- Be as flexible as possible to get the best deal. This could mean adding a day or two to your stay, but we promise, you will not be bored in Paris.
- Buy the movie ticket online, ahead of time – here’s one site we found – but hurry, they’re probably going fast.
If the Force is strong with you (and your passport is up to date) be among the first to see the new Star Wars movie. Then tweet about your good fortune and make all your friends back home green with envy!