What is the world’s best hotel? It all depends. It could be an Econo Lodge in Jersey City if you are heading to the Super Bowl (just close your eyes to avoid looking at the football-inflated price tag).
However, the latest TripAdvisor survey does not include this fine establishment. Let’s see which properties did make the list.
Click the city names to find best-priced flights to these destinations.
World’s Best Hotels
What will you pay? A lot. The number one ranked Swiss establishment prices a standard double at about $690 a night. Traveling with Sparky is no problem though, since dogs are allowed but it’ll cost you an extra $53 a night (the hotel notes the fee does not include dog food). Now, the top five – and see the complete list of best in the world here.
- Grand Hotel Kronenhof – Pontresina, Switzerland
- The Upper House – Hong Kong
- Gili Lankanfushi Maldives – Lankanfushi, North Male Atoll, Kaafu Atoll
- Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens – La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
- The Oberoi Udaivilas – Udaipur, India
Sadly, no U.S. hotels made the top 10. The highest ranking property, coming in at number 14, was San Diego’s Grand Del Mar.
Best Hotels in U.S.
- The Grand Del Mar – San Diego
- French Quarter Inn – Charleston, S.C.
- Bardessono – Yountville, Calif.
- Allison Inn & Spa – Newberg, Ore.
- Five Pine Lodge & Spa – Sisters, Ore.
See the complete list of best in the U.S. here.