Valentine’s Day (Feb. 14) is less than a week away. If you need something special for someone special you might want to check with your favorite airline.
Valentine’s Day Flight Deals
There are also plenty of regular airline sales. Suggestions on finding all deals:
- Deals Blog: Lots of airline sales but you find the biggest selection on Tuesdays.
- Twitter: When FareCompare learns of a deal, you will too.
- Gift Card: Nearly every airline sells these, in a variety of denominations.
- Delayed Gratification: Tell your beloved the two of you will take off on a getaway then set an airfare alert to his/her favorite destination.
Don’t want to wait for alerts? Go ahead and book a trip but compare fares to be sure you get the cheapest price.
Valentine’s Day Gifts
Some of these fun items can be purchased with a credit card while others require miles or points. Even better, buying some of these gifts earn you miles. A sampling:
- American: See a Broadway play like Wicked or Lion King or get 6 bottles of wine for as little as $6.99 a bottle. More info here.
- Delta: Buy a pogo stick, a rechargeable shaver, Godiva chocolates, filet mignons or a set of knives. More info here.
- JetBlue: Coffee cups, surprisingly nice-looking shirts and much more. Our favorite: JetBlue galoshes. More info here.
- Southwest: Find a matching Southwest knit scarf and cap, cufflinks and necklaces, a pilot/snowman ornament (oops, wrong holiday) or maybe a Southwest apron. More info here. Tip: Aprons do not usually make good Valentine’s Day gifts.
- United: Receive “preferred pricing” on a Mercedes (though if your preferred price is under $20K you may be out of luck). More info here.
- Virgin America: A recent newsletter invited travelers to “get thorny on Valentine’s Day” and what they mean by that is a lovely bouquet of roses. More info here.
We hope your Valentine’s Day soars.