Airfare analyst (and FareCompare CEO) Rick Seaney may have given this advice a gazillion times but he never gets tired of it: “The best day to shop for airfare is Tuesday.” The sales below are proof.
Come back every Tuesday for the latest deals.
Sales: Proof Tuesday is Best Day to Shop
Late Monday, early Tuesday – that’s when most airlines launch sales these days. Once that happens, competing airlines match the new sale prices and – voilà! – shoppers get the biggest pile of cheap flights to choose from.
Look at these deals – posted Tuesday, June 9 – to see what we’re talking about. Click the airline for sample fares and destinations.
- Alaska: Summer/Fall Deals from $69 one-way (include Hawaii, Alask, Mexico)
- American: Getaways for This Weekend from $220 round-trip
- Delta: Late Summer Deals to Alaska from $99 one-way
- JetBlue: Barbados Vacation Packages from $499 per person
- Southwest: Late Summer/Fall Deals from $59 one-way
- Spirit: Summer Deals from $24 one-way – HURRY
- United: Summer Deals from $127 round-trip