If you’ve been thinking about a fall or winter getaway, you are in luck. Today is Tuesday (Oct. 7) and as fans of FareCompare know, it’s the best day to shop for airfare.
LISTEN: Rick Seaney’s slogan is, Always Shop on Tuesdays.
What Makes Tuesday So Special?
Tuesday is special because for the past several years it’s become the unofficial ‘airline sale day’ when carriers roll out their best deals. Sure, some release sales other days, but Tuesday is the main day and by 3 p.m. eastern time, shoppers have the most deals at their fingertips. Plus by 3 p.m. competing airlines have matched prices (so they don’t wind up on page ten of your search query).
Want proof? Just check out our Deals Blog every Tuesday, but today you don’t have to; the best deals are listed below.
Best Deals of the Day
Here are just a few of the latest airfare sales. Click the airline name for sample fares and a bunch of departure cities.
UPDATE: These deals were valid when posted back in early October, 2014. For the latest offerings, check FareCompare’s Deals Blog – updated daily.
- American: Fall/Winter Sale from $145 round-trip. Book by Oct. 9
- Delta: U.S. Flight Deals from $109 one-way. Book by Oct. 16
- Frontier: Fall/Winter Deals – Take 14% Off with Promo Code. Book by Oct. 9
- JetBlue: Fall Deals – Up to 20% Off with Promo Code. Book by Oct. 8
- Southwest: Fall/Winter Sale from $69 one-way. Book by Oct. 9
- United: Fall/Winter U.S. Deals from $73 one-way. Book by Oct. 9
- United: Deals to Germany, Norway, Switzerland from $487 round-trip. Book by Oct. 8
One more good deal that was posted earlier:
- Aer Lingus: Fall/Winter Deals to Europe from $599 round-trip. Book by Oct. 7
Better hurry. You’ll notice that most of these sales expire on Thursday but one ends on Wednesday and the nifty Aer Lingus sale shuts down tonight.