Forget the calendar. As far as many airlines are concerned, the summer travel season is upon us and they are letting us know with airfare sales (see list below). However, there’s a bit of a catch with some deals.
Summer is Here – Airfare Sales
Many of the best ‘summer’ deals are good only through early to mid-June and/or late August which is right in line with Rick Seaney’s predictions. At the start of the year, the airfare expert and FareCompare CEO listed several specific dates when ticket prices rise and many sale fares fit neatly into those cheapest days to fly. More good news: Some of the prices below are valid for travel into July.
Not sure where to go? Take a look at the Eventurist app – it’ll inspire you with cool cities, popular events and attractions plus cheap flights to get you there.
Current ‘summer sales’ as of March 10:
- Aer Lingus: Ireland by Rail in Spring, Summer from $899 round-trip
- JetBlue: Fly through June from $49 one-way
- Southwest: Deals through Mid-June from $49 one-way
- Spirit: Fly into June from $35 one-way
- Wow Air: Deals to Iceland from $99 one-way
Reminder: Always compare airfares, no matter what airline you like best. No single airline always has the cheapest flights.