Ah, Black Friday: Crazy shoppers, angry crowds, packed parking lots. The madness we endure to score a giant-screen TV. But what about cheap flights? Shop from the comfort of home this Black Friday (Nov. 25) and Cyber Monday (Nov. 28) or whenever – because these days special sales can pop up anytime. We’ve collected most of them on our Black Friday Deals Page. For more money saving tips, see our video below.
LISTEN: Rick Seaney’s been finding Turkey Day deals for a decade.
Black Friday, Cyber Monday Deals
Most airlines keep special sales a secret until the last minute, but a few tell us in advance (and when we know, you know). The following airlines had Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday deals in the past and as you will see from the added links, are offering deals this year too.
NOTE: Some airlines now offer Pre-Black Friday deals so keep an eye out even before Thanksgiving (Nov. 24). Tips on grabbing deals at the end.
- Air Canada (Black Friday world-wide deals)
- Alaska (Cyber Monday deals)
- American (Black Friday business class deals)
- Cathay Pacific (Black Friday deals)
- Delta (Pre-Black Friday sale)
- Emirates (Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals)
- Etihad (Cyber Monday discount deals)
- Frontier (Black Friday sale and Cyber Monday deals)
- KLM (Black Friday deals)
- Southwest (Pre-Black Friday deals and Cyber Monday sale)
- Spirit (Pre-Black Friday and Black Friday sales)
- Virgin American (8 hour Black Friday sale)
5 Ways to Find Black Friday, Cyber Monday Deals
Start keeping an eye out in early November.
- Deals from your city: Check the Getaway Map. It’s awesome.
- Deals by airline: Follow a particular airline on Twitter for the latest sale announcements and follow FareCompare, too; we tweet all sales.
- Deals by destination: Sign up for airfare alerts to get real-time price-drops to wherever you want to go.
- Deals by price: Check the Deals Blog; it’s where we promote the best deals.
- Deals that are truly deals: If you see a great price in a super sale, take a moment to compare the fare; you might find something cheaper.
Remember, even the best Black Monday/Cyber Monday deals have restrictions including where or when you can fly. Can’t find your deal? See FareCompare for more cheap flights.
Now go get that deal. And happy travels.
VIDEO: Airfare analyst Rick Seaney with more money-saving tips.