UPDATE: The deals are rolling in. See the latest below.
Ah, Black Friday: Crazy shoppers, packed parking lots, a fistfight or two. Do you really want to be part of the madness just to score a cheap flat screen TV?
Here’s an idea: This Black Friday – Nov. 27, 2015 – sit back in the comfort of home to find a cheap flight. Then, don’t move because before you know it, it will be Cyber Monday (Nov. 30).
What to Expect: Black Friday, Cyber Monday
One airline let us know it will have a very special sale (thanks, Alaska!) but most like to keep these things secret. We can tell you which airlines have had these sales in the past and which are likely to uphold the tradition in 2015. Tips on finding the best deals at the end.
Black Friday Deals
We can’t guarantee these airlines will have deals but they’re worth watching because they’ve done it before. Tip: Some carriers actually launch Black Friday sales before the big day. [That’s exactly what’s happened!]
- NEW: Delta’s Pre-Black Friday Award Sale (redeem miles by Nov. 30)
- NEW: Hurry! Southwest’s Pre-Black Friday Sale
- NEW: Spirit’s 20% Off Pre-Black Friday Deals
- Air Canada
Cyber Monday Deals
Again, some of these anticipated sales may launch before Cyber Monday.
- Alaska: The airline has already said it will have a Cyber Monday sale but won’t say when it starts. Keep checking here.
These carriers have had big sales in the past.
- Air Berlin
- Cathay Pacific
- Sun Country
- Virgin America
We’ll update the lists with additional airlines if we hear anything. Tip: More and more international carriers have been offering Cyber Monday deals in recent years.
Finding Black Friday, Cyber Monday Deals
A few ways to find yourself a very big deal.
- If you want a certain airline: Follow the airline on Twitter for the latest sale announcements; FareCompare will tweet, too.
- If you want a certain destination: Sign up for airfare alerts to get real-time price-drops to wherever you want to go.
- Check the Deals Blog: We will promote any specials with sample airfares and destinations.
- Don’t forget: Even if you see a great price in a super sale, take a moment to compare the fare; you might find something cheaper.
Note: Even the best deals have restrictions including where or when you can fly and Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales are no exception. If you can’t find the deal you want, check with FareCompare for more cheap flights.
Now go get that deal. And happy travels.