Travelers who appreciate the great outdoors – whether that means a climb at 20,000 feet or a dive to the ocean floor – will enjoy Outside’s 2012 Travel Awards, as the focus is on adventure.
Plus, Outside names its pick for best airline – though it may not be the carrier you’d expect.
Top Adventure Destinations
Awards were given in several categories and you can click on each destination name to find cheap flights to get you to these adventure locations.
- Best Islands: The Seychelles
- Best New Frontier: Myanmar
- Best Off-the-Beaten-Path Trip: Chiapas, Mexico
- Best Beach: Mahaulepu Beach, Kauai, Hawaii
- Best Weekend Escape: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Best New Adventure Hub: Lake Wanaka, New Zealand
Outside’s Best Airline
When it comes to the best airline, the Sante Fe-based Outside stuck close to home by naming a U.S. carrier as “best airline” – Virgin America. It cited the airline’s “stellar customer service” which has been noticed by many in the business of creating best lists. As Outside put it, “It’s almost as if the flight attendants are happy to work there.”
Runner up: Southwest, another U.S. airline notable for customer service.