- Porn at the Airport: The Bangkok Post reports that at least one scene in a Japanese porn film was shot at Suvarnabhumi Airport (there’s a video clip on YouTube – find your own link). Among those upset: Thai flight attendants, since the scene in question featured a woman dressed like one. Among those not too excited: Thailand’s Transport Minister, who said he’d watched the clips and they contained no improper content. He added cryptically, “Such issues come only from a few insane people.”
- Cupcake Caper: The TSA stood by its decision to confiscate a cupcake in a jar from a passenger at McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas last December. They said the icing was considered a gel and could be disguised as an explosive. In other words, gel falls under the 3-1-1 rule. In a blog post, the TSA wrote, “When you think about it, do you think an explosive would be concealed in an ominous item that would draw attention, or something as simple as a cute cupcake jar?”
- Security Oddities: Spearguns and daggers and knives, oh my!
- National Pie Day: You fly to romantic spots for Valentine’s Day, so why not find a cheap flight to celebrate America’s true love – pie? The celebration kicks off Jan. 23 per the American Pie Council but wait until April for Crisco’s Great American Pie Festival in Orlando (don’t miss the ‘never-ending pie buffet’). For the really adventurous, head to England in December for the World Pie Eating Championships where anything can happen (the 2007 contest was nearly ruined when a small dog wolfed down 20 of the “competition pies”).
- Ear-Whacking Airport Incident: A customs official at Bangkok’s airport (again with the Bangkok airport?) took offense at being asked to undergo normal security screening, and is seen on a surveillance camera whacking, slapping or smacking the ears of a hapless security officer. The officer got a measure of revenge though when someone posted video of the incident on YouTube where it has so far garnered 1.3 million views. Meantime, the alleged ear-whacker is now under investigation.
More Travel News
Visit Fajardo – Small Town Vibes with Upscale Taste
If you’re looking for boating or marinas, one of the largest marinas in the Caribbean is just a few miles…Travel News
Delta Pet Transport Policy Change in 2016: Cabin Pets Only
Beginning March 1, 2016 Delta Air Lines will no longer accept pets for transportation as checked-baggage so if you want…Travel News
Get to the Airport Early This Week. What to Do When You Get There
According to numerous media reports, the TSA will be in 'enhanced screening' mode this week as it processes more than…Travel News
TSA Offers Travel Safety Tips for the Holidays (or any time you fly)
Airports will be busy during Christmas, New Year's and - in the U.S. - Thanksgiving. Let's make it simple to…Travel News
Visit San Juan - All Things Puerto Rican Culture
You know you're ready to visit San Juan, but there are many hotels to choose from that it can be hard…Travel News
American Airlines Miles Program Changes: Winners and Losers
Get out your calculator and ride the three waves of changes coming to American Airlines AAdvantage miles program - rolling…Travel News