From time to time we like to check in with the folks at AirlineRoute to see what’s changed and here is the latest.
Important Note for All Travelers
Even if you have your tickets, it’s always a good idea to check your airline’s site to see if flight times have been tweaked. Don’t get caught by surprise particularly if you have a tight connection.
New Airline Routes, Changes
Click the airline name to find their current best deals.
- Alaska Airlines: Starting March 5, the airline launches new service from San Diego to Kona, Hawaii. The airline will offer three weekly flights.
- Delta Air Lines: Starting in 2015, the airline will introduce Boeing 737-900 aircraft on two routes out of Los Angeles, to Guadalajara (daily service beginning Jan. 5) and to Phoenix (six flights per week).
- Frontier: The airline will discontinue its Denver – Palm Springs, Calif. flights in the new year. Final take-off is Jan. 6.
- KLM: The Dutch carrier will add another weekly flight from Los Angeles and Houston to Amsterdam beginning in June.
- Spirit: Beginning in January, the airline will launch new service from Cleveland – to Orlando (year-round) plus to Tampa and Ft. Myers (seasonal).
- Wow Air: If you’re not familiar with this Iceland-based low cost carrier, maybe it’s time you got acquainted. In March, it begins flights from Boston to Reykjavik (six times a week) and in June begins service from Baltimore to Reykjavik (five times a week). The airline currently offers good deals from Iceland to several cities in Europe.