Mother’s Day is May 10. If you’d like to give Mom something more than a card & a call, look below for flowers, flights and even free drinks.
Airports: Mother’s Day Specials
- Atlanta: Southwest promises “special giveaways” and you can learn more by following the airline’s Facebook and Twitter feeds.
- Dallas Love Field: Same Southwest giveaways as in Atlanta; follow social media for details.
- New York’s LaGuardia: Now through May 10, get Mom a free “crystal and pearl bracelet” (reportedly a $45 value) when you spend $100 at Eddie Bauer or Duty Free America in Terminal B.
- Philadelphia: Same bracelet deal as LaGuardia’s, but you spend the $100 at Fire & Ice at either the B/C Connector or Terminal F.
- NEW! Sioux City: Instead of being embarrassed by their airport code (SUX), folks at this Iowa gateway embrace it; buy Mom a Fly SUX t-shirt ($21) or a Fly SUX coffee mug ($10.95)
- NEW! Vancouver: An airport hotel inside this Canadian facility has just the thing for Layover Mom – a Mother’s Day brunch described as an “experience she’ll remember forever” (we hope so since it’s $80 a head)
Airlines: Mother’s Day Specials
Drinks are on Southwest!
- American: Earn 30 miles for every dollar spent on flowers and gifts with FTD
- Delta: Earn 35 miles per dollar on Mothers Day flowers and gifts with FTD
- NEW! Frontier: Mother’s Day airfare deals for summer, take 15% off Hurry
- Southwest: Free drinks! For everyone on Southwest planes on Mother’s Day
- NEW! United: Fly this weekend from $163 round-trip Hurry
- Virgin America: Shop Teleflora through May 10 and early 15 points for every dollar spent
Unusual Travel Gifts for Mom
- American: At the carrier’s museum gift shop, pick up a wooden cheese board in the shape of a plane for $89.99 (“Show your love for aviation while you enjoy delicious snacks at your next get together!”)
- Delta: Use miles at the airline’s SkyMiles Marketplace to get Mom a vacuum! Just 10,000+ miles. Or, if you ever want Mom to speak to you again, get her some DKNY perfume (14,000+).
- Southwest: Enamel heart-shaped charm in the Southwest colors, of course ($10)
- SkyMall: (yes, it’s still in business) A lovely Garden Yeti statue will watch over Mom’s flowers (up to $2,250)
- Spirit: Proclaim your love for mom by placing an advertisement on Spirit’s overhead bins. Ad prices are no longer published on the airline’s website but back in 2010, the going rate was $248,0450.
- FareCompare: Take Mom anywhere she wants to go, on the cheapest flight possible. Just compare airfares with us. We’ll help you find a deal.
Happy Mother’s Day from FareCompare.