UPDATE – Monday, 9-29-14: We have added new information links. More planes are flying but there are still service disruptions affecting numerous flights.
If you planned on flying in or out of Chicago’s O’Hare or Midway airports today, take a deep breath. As CNN is reporting, a fire at an FAA control center in the Chicago area has halted all flights, at least as of this writing.
What Passengers Can Do
Contact your airline – you may find your carrier’s Twitter feed has the latest information. We’ve also complied information from websites that includes phone number and other contact info.
Click the airline name for more details.
- American Note: AA has no specific information on the fire disruption so we’ve provided its general contact information UPDATE: American asks all travelers to check flight status here. 2-UPDATE: New information from AA here.
- Delta Note: This is the airline’s general contact information. UPDATE: New information from Delta here.
- JetBlue Note: This is general cancelation and delay information
- Southwest Note: The airline is waiving change fees
- Spirit Note: According to its website, Spirit’s normal customer lines are down and travelers are being asked to call 800-772-7117 (English) or 800-756-7117 (Spanish).
- United Note: The airlines says passengers should check ‘Flight Status’. UPDATE: New information from United here.
- Virgin America Note: The airlines says, check your flight status. UPDATE: New information from Virgin America here.