Delta calls its glittery new upgrades, LUX at LAX. Sadly, the airline’s cool amenities in Los Angeles (and in the air) are not for most of us, but we can dream, right?
Delta’s Luxury Upgrades
Here’s what’s new for Delta One passengers. Note: Delta One could be described as a cut above ‘regular’ first class and it’s only available on flights between New York to Los Angeles or San Francisco plus long-haul international routes.
- Upgraded terminal at LAX including a chic new VIP lounge
- Premium check-in that begins curbside for a “seamless” experience
- Private elevator to an expedited security experience
- Direct-aisle access flat-bed seats on the plane
- Some will be chauffeured terminal to terminal in a Porsche
And Fortune has written about Delta’s “secret VIP service” that whisks celebrities and other high profile travelers away from prying lenses with a so-called stealth exit service to avoid paparazzi-infested baggage carousels (someone else does the drudge work of picking up the suitcases).
Are Butlers Next?
The magazine quotes a travel editor’s prediction: the next big thing will be butlers and nannies on planes. Newsflash: If you fly Residence class on Etihad Airways, you already get your own personal butler. If anyone’s tried this, we’re dying to hear the details.