If you haven’t checked out the FareCompare Deals Blog lately, now is an excellent time – because fall is an excellent time to fly. There’s great weather, of course, but anyone visiting this site is probably far more interested in cheap flights and we’ve got them.
Airline Sales of the Week
Some current examples (click the airline for more information):
- JetBlue: October Deals from $57 One-Way
- United: Fall Deals from $127 Roundtrip
- US Airways: Deals to Falls Deals to Lisbon, Portugal from $954 Roundtrip
- Virgin America: Fall and Winter Deals from $66 One-Way
Tip of the Week
We’re coming up on two travel dead zones – times of the year when flights are especially cheap:
- First couple of weeks in November (before the Thanksgiving holiday period)
- First couple of weeks in December (before the Christmas/New Year’s period)
Flights are cheap in these dead zones because everyone’s waiting for the holidays – and when demand goes down, so do prices.