In general traveling with children there may be discount fares available.
In some cases, there are two different rates for children who sit on your lap and those who have their own seat.
It is dependent upon the airline you are traveling.
When searching for flights that involve children, include them in the number of total passengers.
Once you have gone through the process of selecting a flight, you will be directed to the website that is offering that particular flight.
Its there, you will need to enter all the passenger information, including date of birth – this will make the appropriate adjustments to include a child in your travels.
A few thoughts:
- In general, children who sit on your lap are not charged any fees for travel.
- Be sure to have the appropriate identification for all children regardless of age.
- You will need to let your airline know you will be traveling with a child.
- For smaller children who require their own seat, in general, the airfare is about half the price of a regular ticket. This may vary based on airline.
- Travelling with children policies differ with each airline, you should consult your airline of choice.
Some travel advice when traveling with children:
- Pets and Kids on Planes: Fees and Rules
- Screaming Kids on Planes: How to Keep Them Quiet and Safe
- Flying with Kids: The Ultimate Survival Guide
- Travel with Kids – Pack This, Not That
Airlines & Their Policies on Children