Cheap Flights To London, GB
Best Deals to London, United Kingdom Last modified: Mar 27, 2017 0:30 -04:00Prices shown were found by travelers like you over the past 30 days
We've scanned 26,840,787,235 round trip itineraries and found the cheapest flights to London, United Kingdom. Flybe & Air Europa frequently offer the best deals to London, United Kingdom flights, or select your preferred carrier below to see the cheapest days to fly.
London is one of the world's most popular cities because of stunning attractions: Incomparable theater, art and architecture, trendy shops and fine dining, and woven into the fabric of everyday life are centuries of fascinating history. London is quite simply a beautiful city that really shines at holiday time.
More good news: Finding cheap flights to London can be easy, especially if you know the travel seasons of Europe. Use airfare comparison sites like FareCompare to save on your flight.
Attractions in London
It would be impossible to do more than scratch the surface of all this city has to offer, so here are just a few attractions - a sampling of London treasures:
Buckingham Palace: Official London residence of the British monarch; see the Changing of the Guard ceremony, and tour some of the palace's state rooms in August and September.
British Museum: Entry is free to this priceless collection which includes exhibits from around the world dating from ancient to modern times; look for the Rosetta Stone, the Elgin Marbles, and all those Egyptian mummies.
Tower of London: Construction on this grim edifice began in 1080; later, two of Henry VIII's wives would lose their heads here. On the brighter side, the Tower is also home to the dazzling collection known as the Crown Jewels.
London Eye: A symbol of modern London, this iconic super-sized wheel offers visitors views as far as 25 miles away (on a clear day, look for Windsor Castle in the distance).
Shopping and Restaurants
There's more to London than Harrods and Fortnum & Mason including the boutiques of Bond Street, the Oxford Street experience and trendy fashion districts throughout the city. As for restaurants, the days when London was best known for well-done roast beef and Yorkshire pudding are long past; the dining scene is a vibrant gourmet feast of the world's cuisines.
Flights to London
London is served by a number of airports; these are among the largest .
- Heathrow (LHR): Known as "the airport where the world changes planes", Heathrow is located just 12 miles west of London and is the major hub of the United Kingdom's flagship carrier British Airways and its rival Virgin Atlantic; it's also a prime destination for American Airlines, Delta, United and numerous other carriers from around the globe.
- Gatwick (LGW): Located 28 miles south of Central London, Gatwick is the second busiest airport in the UK and another hub for British Airways, as well as Aer Lingus, EasyJet and Virgin Atlantic, plus it's a destination for Delta, United, US Airways, and many others.
- London City (LCY): Just 7 miles east of London, this airport is also served by British Airways and numerous smaller carriers and is mostly used for short flights throughout Europe.
More Information on London
Learn more about attractions, shopping and dining, and hotels in Britain - on these tourism websites:
Visit Britain: Vacation planning throughout Great Britain
Visit England: Attraction information plus ideas for short trips
Events near London, United Kingdom
Find a great time to visit
There are so many flight options, it can be difficult to find the best flight for your London Marathon trip. You can easily compare different airlines and online travel agencies with FareCompare to find the ideal flight. Perhaps there are routes that will give you extra time to adjust to jetlag, while also lowering the overall ticket price!
Check site for details.
London Heathrow - LON (GB)View Event Details
Find cheap Brighton Festival flights, so that you can enjoy the city during the 50th year celebration of its most renowned event. From London, you have the option of renting a car to drive just over a 1.5 hours south to England's southern border. However, traveling by train is often the fastest way to get from London to Brighton. Central Brighton only 10 minutes (easily walkable) from the Brighton station. If you don't have tickets to some of the performances, simply walk up to the venue 1/2 hour before the show and ask for a Festival Standby, which is a ticket that offers you the best available seats (this excludes sold out shows).
Brighton Dome areas and other venues throughout the city
Church Street, BN1 1UE
Varies per event. Some events are free! £10 for a Festival Standby ticket
London Heathrow - LON (GB)View Event Details
The Great Escape
Escape on the ideal flight to Brittain during The Great Escape by comparing multiple airline and online travel agency sites with FareCompare. Searching for Tuesday or Wednesday departures is a great midweek tactic to get low fares. Sunday is a popular day to fly back, so you should compare airfares with Saturday or Monday returns.
Madeira Dr, BN2 1TW
Check site for updates. £54.45 Early Bird 3-day tickets
London Gatwick - LON (GB)View Event Details
Airports near London, United Kingdom
Popular flights to London, United Kingdom
- From Stockholm, Sweden to London, United Kingdom$118RTGOOD4/24 - 4/25
- From Copenhagen to London, United Kingdom$120RTGOOD4/24 - 4/25
- From Moscow to London, United Kingdom$202RT 4/3 - 4/19
- From New York City to London, United Kingdom$445RT 5/8 - 5/17
- From Newark to London, United Kingdom$460RTGOOD4/24 - 4/26
- From Shanghai to London, United Kingdom$590RTGOOD3/31 - 4/19