Fly from early December to early March on Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday.
Sample Virgin America fares – one-way prices (fares good in either direction of travel):
- Austin – to San Francisco from $135
- Boston – to Los Angeles or San Jose CA from $169
- Chicago – to LA from $139
- Dallas – to San Diego from $117 (very good deal)
- Ft. Lauderdale – to LA from $140 (very good deal)
- Los Angeles – to Las Vegas from $66 one-way
- Los Angeles – to Seattle from $99
- Newark – to San Jose CA from $155 (very good deal)
- Philadelphia – to Las Vegas from $121 (very good deal)
- San Francisco – to LA, Portland or Palm Springs from $69
- Washington DC – to Seattle from $161
No ‘book by’ deadline is listed, so these prices could disappear soon. Travel Dec. 10 to March 6 on a Tues/Wed/Sat only. Standard blackout dates for Christmas/New Year’s apply (along with a couple of others). See Virgin America for details. See FareCompare for more deals.
Listen: Airfare expert Rick Seaney’s tips for infrequent flyers.