Image: San Francisco
Travel January to May on a Tuesday or Wednesday only, but hurry.
Sample Virgin America fares – one-way prices (and prices good in either direction):
- Austin – to San Francisco from $121
- Boston – to San Francisco from $139
- Boston – to Los Angeles from $145
- Chicago – to Los Angeles from $129
- Dallas – to Los Angeles or San Francisco from $129
- Ft. Lauderdale – to San Francisco or Los Angeles from $145-$147
- Las Vegas – to Los Angeles from $49
- Las Vegas – to San Francisco from $69
- Los Angeles – to Las Vegas from $49
- Los Angeles – to Seattle from $79
- New York – to Las Vegas from $159
- Newark – to Los Angeles or San Francisco from $149
- San Francisco – to Los Angeles or Portland from $59
- Washington DC – to Los Angeles from $146
Book by 11:59 CT tonight, Wednesday Jan. 8. Fly Jan. 28 to May 21 on a Tuesday or Wednesday only (for the lowest prices) and there is a 21-day advance purchase requirement. As always, seats can disappear quickly so hurry. See Virgin America for all the restrictions. See FareCompare for more flights anywhere.
Listen: Ricky Seaney on cheapest time of year to fly (hint: the time is now).