Most of summer is blacked-out but you can find deals for spring plus September and October.
Sample Southwest fares – one-way prices:
- Atlanta – to Akron, New Orleans or Tampa from $99-$100
- Boston – to Chicago from $104; to Houston from $126
- Burbank – to San Francisco or Phoenix from $69; to Denver from $107
- Chicago – to Detroit, Memphis or Omaha from $89
- Dallas – to Little Rock or Wichita from $69
- Denver – to Omaha or Las Vegas from $83-$84
- Detroit – to Nashville or St. Louis from $100
- Ft. Lauderdale – to Tampa from $89; to Atlanta from $100
- Houston – to Denver from $108; to Atlanta from $118
- Las Vegas – to Burbank, Los Angeles or San Diego from $78
- Los Angeles – to San Francisco or San Jose CA from $69
- Newark – to New Orleans from $98
- New York – to Denver from $129; to Tampa from $109
- Orlando – to Dayton or Atlanta from $100
- Philadelphia – to Ft. Lauderdale from $120
- Phoenix – to Burbank from $69
- Salt Lake City – to Los Angeles from $117
- San Francisco – to Phoenix or Denver from $130
- Washington DC – to Milwaukee from $101; to Chicago from $109
Book by April 7. Travel from April 8 to June 7, and from Aug. 26 to Oct. 29. Note: Most of the spring flights are good for travel any day except Fridays and Sundays, while most fall flights are good on Tuesdays and Wednesdays only. See Southwest for more details and restrictions. See FareCompare for more flights anytime.
LISTEN Do you know The Zone? Rick Seaney says, it’s the best time to buy.