Product Strategist – Best Time To Buy
FareCompare is seeking an experienced, energetic, and versatile Product Strategist to drive the development, implementation, and continued refinement of new and existing products in the consumer airfare shopping and comparison category. This position will be strongly focused on helping consumers to make better, more informed decisions about how and when to shop for and purchase airfare.
The successful candidate in this role will be a strong, cross-functional leader who is adept as both a strategic thinker and tactical executer. He/she will need to clearly articulate a vision and support it with detailed requirements, and will work closely with other multi-disciplinary groups including Product Management, Design and Usability, Core Systems Development, Marketing, and Analytics to bring that vision to life.
Education and Work Experience:
- BA/BS degree required. Master’s in Design, Information Systems, or similar UI-engineering field preferred
- Outstanding design sensibility with demonstrated ability to develop industry-leading UI function, features, and effectiveness; intuitive sense for the aesthetic
- Proven track record with 3+ years of experience building new e-commerce products and/or technologies that break new ground while driving value, preferably for a consumer brand
- Ability to envision an entirely new way of serving customers, questioning the status quo of contemporary industry approaches, and translating that vision into actual implementable requirements and steps
- Experience writing business and functional product requirements complete with use case scenarios and visual flows
- Skilled in identifying the pathway by which multiple systems and data environments should be integrated to build a new product
- Hands-on technical experience preferred, particularly applied work with databases, data mining, direct marketing, etc.
- Experience in the airline industry and/or social media a strong plus
- Analytical focus and passion for leveraging the insights that can be extracted from data
- Adept in product lifecycle management, balancing product placement against conversion and business goals, and designing strategies for both promotion and traffic acquisition
- Intellectual curiosity and thirst for innovation and success
- Highly organized and detailed multi-tasker who can seamlessly manage parallel products/projects and see them to fruition in a timely manner
- Strong communicator and presenter who is comfortable in both individual contributor and leadership roles within a team environment and cross-functionally across the organization
- Team player with a ?can do? attitude and an energetic personality that works well when conditions are ambiguous or require definition
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the design and implementation of a strategic new flagship product offering
- Collaborate with leaders from across the organization to identify the optimal integration points for the product into the FareCompare site, including the landing page experience, calls to action, subsequent site flow after using the product, and social media integration
- Partner with Product Management organization to ensure process and method alignment
- Define requirements for product and system initiatives and work closely with the Product, Design, Core Systems Development, and Analytics teams to implement them
- Develop product wireframes, use cases, and business requirements to architect interfaces and application logic for new products and features
- Partner with the Marketing organization to develop and implement robust promotional campaigns to attract incremental travelers to the Best Time to Buy tools on our site
- Maintain and continually refine the product roadmap; develop business cases in order to evaluate and compare projects prior to inclusion in product roadmap
- Drive and communicate relative priorities on project in the Product Roadmap through entire product cycle, including development and QA, and adjust them when necessary
- Manage production calendar and keep product development on schedule through effective communication with technical and business stake
- Become expert on available published airfare data and associated internal systems
- Become expert on FareCompare internal systems that drive the consumer experience
- Thoroughly understand and analyze key customer and stakeholder needs, and champion the customer experience during the development process
- Assist and provide input into information architecture and behavioral tracking schemas in support of current and new initiatives
- Regularly monitor site performance metrics and continually optimize site features, flows, and functionality to improve performance metrics;
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly; analyze test results, provide recommendations to leadership
FareCompare is an entrepreneurially-spirited company located in Dallas, Texas. You will be joining a team of high-energy professionals who are passionate about travel.
FareCompare offers the following competitive benefits to all full-time staff:
- Health & dental insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with matching company contributions
- Generous paid-time off for full-time employees
Local candidates preferred. Relocation is not planned for this position. Third party applications from staffing agencies not accepted.
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume and contact information to email@example.com.