What’s it’s like to work with us?
FareCompare is an entrepreneurially-spirited company located in Dallas. You will be joining a team of high-energy professionals who are passionate about travel.
We are always looking for great people with experience in Agile development, travel industry experience and online marketing knowhow.
Are you part product aficionado and part analyst? We’re looking for someone that works with all facets of the organization (sales, marketing, engineering, etc) to identify and assess growth opportunities, define them as workable user stories, and design tests to validate them in the market. This position is part of the Product team and reports to the Director of Product.
- Dive deeply into data to understand the key drivers of the business
- Be curious and use technical knowledge to find revenue and conversion opportunities that will grow the business
- Assess growth opportunities and define product and service features and business requirements to deliver on the strategy and vision
- Sell your ideas – gain buy-in from stakeholders using data and analytics
- Write user stories to have the opportunities developed
- Write test plans to validate ideas/features with users
- Report on results of tests continuously
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field
- 5+ years experience in product management, business consulting, or related field
- Demonstrated success in launching and/or optimizing ecommerce products
- Combination of frontend and backend experience – this is not an engineering position, but you must be engineering-minded
- Experience using analytics tools to surface insights about user behavior, site performance, etc. (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe/Omniture Analytics, and Web Trends)
- SQL experience is a must
- Experience with digital marketing, including Paid Media, Email, and others
- Bonus points for understanding digital advertising lingo (e.g. CPC, CPA, CPM)
- Have worked in an Agile or Scrum environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Extremely organized with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to define thorough and concise requirements
- Ability to work effectively with business, engineering and QA teams
- Problem solver with ability to quickly assess situation and present options
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously
- Global perspective
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Efficient and effective communications skills
- Rolled-up sleeves attitude
- Out of the box thinker
FareCompare offers the following competitive benefits to all full-time staff:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance.
- 401(k) Plan with Matching Company Contributions.
- Generous Paid-time Off for Full-time Employees.
Local candidates preferred. Re-location is not planned for this position.
FareCompare is a privately owned company providing travel tools, advice and most importantly, airfare comparison pricing in the extremely high potential travel industry. We are a global data-driven technology company that has created a website for inquisitive travelers interested in knowing how and when to get the best deal on airfare.
How to Apply